Thursday, September 24, 2009

Current Status and Nicorette

I took this questionnaire kind of thing while I was at a clinic earlier today. It's based on those few puffs I continue taking randomly, so this is what my current status is like. Not bad. BUT.

current status of quitting smoking and nicorette

You notice how it REALLY doesn't help someone who is quitting because of reasons like mine? I hate the addiction, and what Nicorette does is, it just gives me another avenue to continue being addicted to nicotine! I mean, fine, it's a decent product and it may actually help people quit smoking. But if this was really a social product rather than a for-profit one, their questionnaire (and other such publications) would also advise NOT shifting to Nicorette at all in certain cases.

For example, my score is 0 (zero) and if I take the Nicorette replacement therapy, even the one with the lowest dosage, I would end up consuming more nicotine than I already take, effectively reversing the process of quitting smoking. It is NOT advisable for me to use Nicorette. The least a corporation can do is be honest when trying to sell their product.

current status of quitting smoking and nicorette

I wonder why there isn't any NGO that works on quitting smoking without any support from tobacco corporations or states/governments.

I guess there is a lot of money to be made from people's helpless addiction. Is that why?

1 comment:

newpowerbiz online store said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.